Official Wood Infestation Report CL-100 in Beaufort, sc
Serving Bluffton & Ridgeland
Old South Exterminators wood infestation home inspectors are licensed and trained to complete an Official South Carolina Wood Infestation report, often called a CL-100, required for home sales. It takes special training, local knowledge, and expertise to understand all of the places termites, carpenter bees, beetle, and fungal damage can be found. We work extensively with local builders, closing attorneys, and real estate agents to inspect and provide these reports when requested. Whenever a home purchase takes place, our trained inspectors provide buyers, sellers, realtors, and financial institutions with the reports they need to ensure a smooth, trouble-free transaction.
When we complete a Wood Infestation Report, we complete a thorough inspection and make sure we note the following in order to protect the buyer and the seller:
- Cracks in foundation walls. It only takes a crack 1/32 of an inch wide to give termites and other wood-destroying organisms hidden access to a house.
- Leaking pipes and faucets. Termites and other insects seek out moisture for survival. Leaking pipes can keep wood and soil continually damp and create a perfect home for termites.
- Wood debris around and under a house. Pieces of scrap lumber or firewood kept next to a structure can help support a colony of termites.
- Sprinkler systems placed near the outside wall of a structure. Excessive watering can speed the breakdown of pesticide treatments around foundation walls.
- Flower planters. Planters allow hidden and direct access to unprotected siding and cracked stucco when built in direct contact with a house.
- Trellises or wooden fences. If a trellis or wood fence touches soil and is in contact with a structure, it provides a direct link between the subterranean termites in the soil and wood in the structure.
call our Beaufort office at (843) 632-5645 or our Ridgeland office at (843) 418-9130 To Schedule a Real Estate Inspection Appointment.