1Local & Family Owned Since 1968
2Offering Prompt Customer Service
3Customized Solutions to Your Needs
4Available for Same-Day Services
Sentricon Colony Elimination System
In addition to getting rid of your current termite infestation, you will also want to keep future generations from attempting to return. This is why baiting methods are very effective, since they can nip developing termite colonies in the bud, long before new populations can begin attacking your home. The Dow AgriScience’s Sentricon Colony Elimination System is the leader in termite baiting systems. The stations are placed and buried a set distance apart around the home. Then, trained termite technicians will monitor these baiting stations on a regular basis to make sure that any new termite colony dies quickly before it can gain a stronghold near your property.
Making Your Property Less Inviting
While termites live in the soil, they are attracted to wood and moisture. In many cases, a termite invasion happens because certain conditions exist on a property. By maintaining various aspects around your house, you can make your property less inviting for termites and ensure your treatments last as long as possible.
The best prevention techniques to keep termites at bay include:
- Fixing leaky faucets, water hoses and connections, and pipes along the foundation wall
- Repairing roof leaks and repairing or replacing leaky gutters and downspouts
- Repairing all rotten wood, door jams, windows, steps, and chimneys
- Keeping gutters free of leaves and making sure downspouts take rainwater away from the foundation
- Ensuring sprinkler systems do not spray onto siding and foundation walls
- Grading the soil around foundation so that water flows away from your home
- Avoiding direct wood-to-ground contact unless the wood has been pressure zone
- Removing all wood debris from the soil in a crawl space
- Making sure that firewood is never stacked against the house
While all these techniques are good ways to help stop termites from being attracted to your property, they are not fool-proof methods of total termite prevention. Once termites have invaded your home, it is time to reach out to professionals like our technicians at Old South Exterminators.